It’s ACTUALLY a starless night tonight. Or: Happy October 25th.Posted: October 25, 2013
Once upon a time, I didn’t really pay attention to the finite details of celestial activities and randomly chose “October 25th” as The Date that STARLESS NIGHT takes place. This is way back when it was called “The Lovestruck 12” (a play on clocks and romantic entanglements) and more about …well, clocks and romantic entanglements. So although the title has changed, the story has evolved, and I’m now full aware that the peak of the Orionids meteor shower is actually on October 21/22, I always think upon today’s date with fondness, especially when it falls on a Friday. A FRIDAY THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE A STARLESS NIGHT DUE TO RAIN.
Anyway, there is no actual point to this blog post except to note the date and the weather. Also, to post this photo of my daily word calendar which strangely mentions clouds and a storm.
Ah, I guess while I have this text box open I might as well include on update on life and writing. Let’s do this the point form way.
• I signed up for Pinterest. It’s super addictive. My boards and pins are here
• I posted a snipped of FNTF and the first two chapters of Verona Horse Mermaid on fictionpress just for fun. I think I might post the next few chapters of VHM before the year ends just because it feels so lonely just sitting there in its scrivener folder. It’s definitely the most FUN story to write, so yes. I’ll be updating some more.
• November is one week away and I’m totally planning on writing for NaNoWriMo again. This year I shall be going to Never Never Land! No title yet, but I’m referring to it as The Neverland Remix (simply because that is what it is. It’s not about DJ spinning tracks in Neverland or something)
• I cosplayed as Han Solo in the summer. Halloween is next week, but I’m still not sure if I’m dressing up. Time shall tell.
• During the summer, I attempted Camp Nano in July. I only hit about 12K, but a good fraction of my brain is still highly invested in the story. That WIP is being referred to as The Space Errand. It’s like Medieval Times in Space with some French Rev thrown into the mix.
• Clearly, I have WAY too many works in progress in my life right now. I love it, but my brain is allllll over the place. Thank goodness for Pinterest!
And that’s pretty much it! As I mentioned, Nano is soon and that means there shall definitely be a pre-Nano post of lamentations and freaking out next week. Until then, adieu~